December 28, 2008 · 10:02 pm
Monday, December 29 at Victorian’s Midnight Cafe at the corner of Fifth and Neil, 7.30 PM.
This poetry bomb will be themeless.
This note includes an assignment: Write a eulogy for that bar of all bars: Larrys.
Yesterday, I got calls, texts, and emails from several people. It took me a while to accept the truth. Larry’s Bar, home to all artistic misceants of Columbus, king of my world, has closed its doors. Larry’s is dead, long live the new King.
See you then and there.
December 9, 2008 · 10:32 pm
I am thinking of starting a reading/writing/critiqu group here in Columbus, Ohio. Here are a few things we will do
* Meet in local bars, coffee shops, and resteraunts once every two weeks
* share recently written or discovered poems
* offer critique when asked for
* divvying out of poetry assignments
* offer chances for collaboration
* bring poetry to others by presenting inpromptu “guerilla” readings
If you think this group will be right for you, please comment on this post and I will send you info about the first Bomb.